Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Tuesday, August 14, 2012

People and T-Shirt Advice



I snapped this photo in Celebration City, Fl - 2/2011
If there's little excitement in your life then you need to get out of the house more often and be with people.  People will entertain you. They won't know they are entertaining you...because they are just being normal people, doing what normal people do!

It (or rather, we) all started with just a little dirt. 

Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

We came from dirt.  But, oh...when God breathed in us...we were never the same!  Ever felt like nothing more than dirt?  All you need is the breath of God to blow on you - and in you - and you become vibrant with life!  Well, that's not my subject for this blog, so let me get off this trail and back on to normal people and the entertainment they provide (without realizing it, of course).

2011, in the month of February, I was browsing in a small shop in Celebration City, Florida.  Oh, I love that little town!  Beautiful, unique - on the edge of Orlando. 

Anyway, in that little store a bubbly, outgoing lady was talking on her cell phone.  Obviously, she was giving advice to another female on the other end of the line.  She spoke these words of wisdom:

"Tell him your dream is to live happy, tired, and within your means."  

Now, I can't speculate as to what this conversation entailed.  Fully.  From both sides.  Nah...not a clue.  But, I did hurry to find pen and scrap paper to scribble that noteworthy phrase, lest I forget it within two minutes. 

The same shop provided another avenue of interest as one particular t-shirt caught my eye.  I should have bought one of them.  With the same pen and scrap paper I jotted down more advice: 
"Quit your job, buy a ticket, get a tan, fall in love, and never return."

I love t-shirt philosophy.  T-shirts deliver messages which can never be voiced...lest there is a blast of backlash! 

It's true.  People can entertain you.  See?  I've written a blog about my brief visit to a small shop in Celebration City. 

Now, go ... find a story. 
...

No comments:

Post a Comment