Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Tribute to 11 Israeli Athletes, Victims 1972 Munich Massacre

Yizkor –
We Remember
IOC President Jacques Rogge won’t budge: There will be no minute’s silence for the Israeli victims of the 1972 Munich massacre at the opening ceremony of the London Olympics.

Rogge rejected the latest calls Saturday for a special observance to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the murder of 11 Israeli athletes and coaches by Palestinian gunmen at the Munich Games.  They rejected the call to remember these people:

David Berger, Yossef Gutfreund, Moshe Weinberg, Eliezer Halfin, Mark Slavin, Yossef Romano, Kehat Shorr, Andre Spitzer, Amitzue Shapira, Yakov Springer, Ze/ev Friedman.

Forty years after 11 athletes were murdered in Munich, Israel still mourns alone.

This year, Ankie Spitzer, widow of Israeli fencing coach Andre Spitzer, one of the victims, launched a worldwide campaign for a minute of silence at the London Olympics to mark four decades since the tragedy.

The real answer, it seems, was conveyed verbally to Ankie Spitzer by that same Jacques Rogge. As she tells it, Rogge told her that "his hands were tied" since 46 Arab and Muslim countries belong to the IOC. In other words, there would be no minute of silence only because the victims were Israelis. She replied, "No, my husband's hands were tied, not yours."

I don't want Israel to mourn alone.  I don't want Israel to feel alone.  I don't want Israel to think America has forgotten them.  I'm just one person....but I am one that cares about Israel.

Although no one in Israel will ever read this blog; I know that the Holy Spirit is aware of what I do, say, and write.  So, I write this in honor of the eleven Israeli athletes and coaches murdered at the Munich Games. 

Genesis 12:3  (New Living Translation)
"I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you."

I bless the nation of Israel. 
...

No comments:

Post a Comment