Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Think Like A Millionaire


Do you have old notebooks in your collection of 'stuff' that you have kept through the years?  I do.  I discovered an old red spiral notebook the other day.  The pages are yellowing with time.  It is filled with  information, web sites discovered long ago, addresses, notes, and a myriad of quotes, such as this one:
 "It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as warning to others." 

 I'm not too sure about that quote.  It's rather depressing.  But I suppose...if you feel of no value, whatsoever...that attitude could at least contribute some importance to a life.  Or not

 One page lists information on millionaire's...(not a clue where this came from):

A MILLIONAIRE'S CONSCIOUSNESS WOULD INCLUDE:

1.  Taking responsibility for what you have and what you want to create.
2.  Expecting the best and taking action accordingly.
3.  Creating wealth by serving others as well as yourself.
4.  Taking bigger action than you think you can.
5.  Keeping away: anything or anyone who does  not support you.
6.  Taking care of your life as if it already were a millionaire's life. 

 Millionaire's started by believing they could...and they adapted a millionaire consciousness.  They realized that taking action moves us much further than passively watching a TV show.  If you adopt one of the above steps...they say...you will come closer to abundance than your TV screen can bring you.

 We know there is a gap between where we are and where we want to be...in our finances and personal life.  I'm struggling with the 'gap'.  A gap is an empty space or an interval.  But, hold on!  If we think like a millionaire....we don't see the gap as an empty space...or an interval... we see it as an opening!
 
A gap can be an opening for you to walk through - to realize your dreams - it can be a way made for you when it seemed there was No Way! 

 You and I have the ability to think ... and to think freely!  What if thinking like a millionaire simply means:  no shoulds, coulds, or oughts are allowed in our thought process. 

 Try changing thoughts of past efforts to:  I did -  I tried  - I cared - I offered - I loved...

 Now...choose to think like a millionaire:  I will, I can, I expect, I serve, I act, I will set boundaries, I want to create.... Now, you are thinking like a millionaire! 

 God's Word tells us how to think like a millionaire:

 Proverbs 18:21  "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." 
Philippians 4:8  "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
Colossians 3:17 "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him."

 Think according to God's Word...and you are thinking like a millionaire.  As the hymn declares:

 My Father is rich in houses and lands,
He holdeth the wealth of the world in His hands!
Of rubies and diamonds, of silver and gold,
His coffers are full, He has riches untold.

 I'm a child of the King,
A child of the King:
With Jesus my Savior,
I'm a child of the King.

 Jesus Christ has been trying to get us to think as a child of the King.  A King's child is rich.  A King's child is blessed with abundance, lacking nothing.  We are more than  millionaire's.  In fact, we have more than money can buy.  We have a Kingdom - a city - not built with hands.   Jesus told us in John 14:2,3   "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." 
  • Compared to your Kingdom inheritance, an earthly millionaire's wealth is a meager pittance.  
  • You were not created for the sole purpose of simply serving as a warning to others! 
  • You are more than .....You have more than.....if you are a child of the King!
..........

1 comment: