Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Monday, September 17, 2012

When Abu Islam tore and burned the Bible...

During the demonstration which was held in front of the American Embassy in Cairo on Tuesday, 9/11, a Muslim cleric named Abu Islam tore and burned the Holy Bible in front of thousands of Muslims. His action was met with applause and anti-Christian cheers from the demonstrators. Before leaving the demonstration and getting into his car, he told the crowds "next time I will urinate on it."

 The video —http://vladtepesblog.com/?p=52886----   shows the Muslim cleric tearing the Bible. (copy/past the link in your browser)  Or...search on google...you will find the video easily.

One chant that bothers me is:  "O Jews, the army of Muhammed is coming."

As I watched this video, I'm reminded of the words of Jesus while on the cross, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Worthy News featured an article today (9/17)-- "Although America is on alert against terrorists every Sept. 11, on this anniversary, the threats are now coming from domestic atheists after the Christian Cross as well as Muslim clerics in Cairo burning Bibles.   Atheists and Muslims: strange bedfellows indeed. "

As Christians we are eager to hear the Word of God, seek to understand it, and proclaim that Word.  We hide it deep within our hearts.  I trust the Word and place my hope in the promises.  Without the Bible I wouldn't understand Jesus and His Father, God, nor the value of the precious third person of the Trinity, The Holy Spirit. The Word of God is Alive.  It is Truth.

The Cross speaks of Jesus giving his life for me.  He shed His sinless blood on that cross for my sins.

This old hymn by Isaac Watts says it best:  At The Cross

 Alas! and did my Savior bleed, And did my Sovereign die?
Would He devote that sacred head - For sinners such as I?

Was it for crimes that I had done, He groaned upon the tree?
Amazing pity, grace unknown - and love beyond degree.

But drops of grief can ne'er repay the debt of sin I owe:
Here, Lord, I give my self away, 'Tis all that I can do.

At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light,
And the burden of my heart rolled away,
It was there by faith I received my sight,
And now I am happy all the day.

I have no feelings of murder in my heart for those that burned the Bible.  I hurt
for them because they do not know Jesus Christ as Savior.  I desire that all muslims become  believers in Jesus as Lord and Savior...and receive salvation. 

But if they put one step in my yard to force me to wear a burka (burqa), they've met their match.  If they try to enforce Sharia law in my town, they won't know what hit them.  If they touch one of my daughters, they will die a slow death.

Understand? 
....
To comment on this blog, simply click on the blue link below which says "No comments". It will open a field for typing - then will change to "1 comment" etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment