Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Sunday, April 8, 2012

CHLOE'S PICTURE OF JESUS

Chloe and I were having 'class' (as she calls it) which included a craft, a surprise and a Bible Story.  My intent was to show an Easter story online - but since I couldn't access the internet I had to revert to the old fashion way and tell the story myself.  The story was about Jesus, His Birth, His Death on the Cross, His Resurrection....and that He Is Alive!   As the story progressed she became more animated. I was trying to conclude the message when she pointed her finger up in the air as far as her little arm would reach and declared, "I have a picture of Him!"  With this she rushed to her bedroom and returned with her picture from children's church - colored and framed.  Excited and proud? Yes, she was!

I don't know what your picture of Jesus looks like, but I know that at the time He was placed in the tomb many were fearful that His followers would move the stone, snatch His body, and deceive the people by declaring He was alive.   

"Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead:....." Matthew 27:64

Much of our society today refuses to recognize that He has RISEN.  They are attempting to keep Him from rising from the grave, but it is too late.  In their darkened minds they have the stone in place so that they can proceed with their own agenda.  Keeping the sepulchre guarded allows freedom to sin.  In other words, keep Jesus Christ guarded and contained...but allow the devil to rule and reign.  But, no matter how tightly you secure the sepulchre in your heart, the fact remains, HE IS RISEN.  The grave did not hold Him simply because sinners refused the resurrection!  He will do what He was sent to do!  He is alive. 

Matthew 28:7 - "And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead..."

Today we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Easter Sunday.  I celebrate the nearness of Jesus, the presence of the Holy Spirit, and  I celebrate the fact that He hears my prayers.  I celebrate His touch,  His love, and His concern for people.  I celebrate the great truth that His shed blood cleanses us from sin.  I celebrate Him

Now, when asked the question:  "Why do we celebrate Easter?"  Chloe's answer is:  "Because He Is Alive."

Do you picture Jesus as Healer, Savior, Baptizer....or do you picture Him as being distant from your life, unconcerned about your situation?  He is alive.  He sits at the right Hand of the Father.  He absolutely can redeem your life from destruction.  If you view of Jesus does not portray Him as a Resurrected Redeemer or Savior, perhaps...

... you need a new picture of Him....
...

No comments:

Post a Comment