Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Thursday, September 20, 2012

Remember Psalm 23?


Psalm 23 reminds me of a favorite story that we heard and/or memorized when we were growing up.  Most everyone can readily quote it.  But it's also a chapter we tend to easily forget; knowing it's always there on the shelf, and occasionally we remember to dust it off and pick it up for a good read.

Matthew Henry commentary:
David knew by experience the cares and tender affections of a good shepherd towards his flock. He remembered what need they had of a shepherd, and what a kindness it was to them to have one that was skilful and faithful; he once ventured his life to rescue a lamb. By this therefore he illustrates God’s care of his people. 

Psalm 23  (New Living Translation)              A psalm of David. 

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need.

2 He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.

3 He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.

4 Even when I walk through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.

5 You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.

6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.
 
The days are tense.  We are in need of supernatural rest,  renewal of strength...and comfort which can only come from The Great Shepherd, Jesus Christ.
 
Take time to read Psalm 23 again.  Let the peace that passes all understanding flood your soul.  It's the best therapy you can ever experience.  And it's free.
 
Psalm 23.  It's in your Bible. 
...
To comment on this blog, simply click on the blue link below which says "No comments". It will open a field for typing - then will change to "1 comment" etc

No comments:

Post a Comment