Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Saturday, September 8, 2012

Eastwooding Isn't New

Using the chair was a last minute decision by Clint Eastwood (at the RNC convention).  That last minute decision produced an unforgettable performance.  I can't remember all of the speakers or what they said - but I do remember the 'chair'.  

"There was a stool there, and some fella kept asking me if I wanted to sit down," Eastwood told the newspaper, which published the article Friday. "When I saw the stool sitting there, it gave me the idea. I'll just put the stool out there and I'll talk to Mr. Obama and ask him why he didn't keep all of the promises he made to everybody."

While Eastwood said his presentation was "very unorthodox," that was his intent from the outset and he had plenty of people giving him advice on what to say. "Everybody had advice for me, except the janitor," Eastwood said.

Using the empty chair was a bit unorthodox.  But, unorthodox isn't always a bad thing.  For a clearer understanding, let's get a bit unorthodox here and define unorthodox:

Unorthodox: not conforming to rules, traditions, or modes of conduct, as of a doctrine, religion, or philosophy.   

I rather tire of constantly conforming to man-made rules and traditions.   Nothing changes.  No variety. And before I know it, my enthusiam is gone...and I'm in a rut.  We know that a rut is a grave with both ends knocked out. 

Because of his unorthodox feat that night, a new term was birthed: Eastwooding. 

But talking to an empty chair isn't new. 

I have a precious friend whom I love with all my heart.  She is often unorthodox and that's why I enjoy talking to her.  She is real.  Her expressions are not according to the rules of spiritual jargon.  As to mode of conduct?  She is her own person.  I recall her saying that when she prays, she talks to an empty chair - but to her, it's not empty.  She places Jesus in that chair while they have a very real conversation.

Unorthodox?  Yes.   She unquestionably breaks traditions and modes of conduct when she talks to God.  I've heard her use terms of endearment...that you and I wouldn't use.  Or, "Golly, gee, Lord" ...

Do you want to know why this lady is so special to me?  Because she is truly genuine.  She is so stinkin' real.  I can trust her.  I prefer her unorthodox prayers over the prayers of one following religious tradition and worn out jargon any old time!  The Lord might well share my opinion.

Eastwooding isn't new.  Try it.  You may discover that Eastwooding can add a little spice to your life.
.....

To comment on this blog, simply click on the blue link below which says "No comments". It will open a field for typing - then will change to "1 comment" etc.]

No comments:

Post a Comment