Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Thursday, October 29, 2015

On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand....


On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand,  All Other Ground Is Sinking Sand





I glanced over the news headlines this morning and noticed a variance of events happening,  locally and worldwide.  Stressful, to say the least.

I'll list just a few of them:

1.  A champion teen runner disqualified after helping rival in medical distress
2.  A student forced to deny her faith or receive a failing grade
3.  Russian Ruffle, Putin's bombers buzz US carrier, Navy jets respond
4.  Anonymous says it will ID up to 1,000 Klu Klux Klan members
5.  Russia flying Iranian weapons shipments into Syria, sources say
6.  Suspect confesses to killing refugee child, rescuers search for victims of boat sinking
7.  China says it will use "all necessary" means to respond to future US patrols

I'm not sure the next one is newsworthy, but, understanding the state of our present government, I understand why it is included...

8.  Pumpkin Peril, Feds: jack o'lanterns can cause global warming.

That's just a short list of what is happening in our world.  Very short.  In the midst of all of this ruckus - I need a solid foundation in order to stand strong and function as a healthy person while in this life!  And, I found it !!

On Christ the Solid Rock I stand!!!  All other ground is sinking sand!  Yes, and Amen!

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

JESUS is my Supernatural Stone.  Forget everything else for a minute and focus on Him.  Focus on the faith that JESUS taught - it is profound enough to keep me established on this earth until He returns in the clouds to take me home to be with Him throughout eternity!

I Peter 2:4-9 "...Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ."

This anchors my values, solidifies my hope, and guarantees my eternal future in Heaven.  YES, ON CHRIST THE SOLID ROCK I STAND.... all other ground is sinking sand!
You were built to live forever!  Stand on that Solid Rock, Christ Jesus!
 ---------


No comments:

Post a Comment