Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Monday, June 3, 2013

God rejoices over you with joyful songs!

Ben is my 19 month old grandson.  His mom bought him a new bed today.  We watched closely while he climbed into his little bed for the first time.  We were shouting, "Yea!" and clapping and smiling at his great achievement!  This was a really big deal!  Well, it was to his mom and to me, anyway!

I watched with admiration as this little guy (who won my heart at his birth) accomplished a brand new feat. 

As Ben climbed in and out of his little bed my heart was struck with a question:

Is this what God does for us ... as He watches from heaven ... each time we conquer something? 

Does the Lord clap and smile and say, "Yea, Jane, you did it!"  Just when it seemed that I couldn't ...  and I did ... does He clap for me?

I think He does! 

Each time I managed a 'comeback' after the enemy attempted to steal, kill, and destroy ...  I am sure Jesus was watching and clapping!  When temptation came to influence ungodly behavior and I didn't yield  ...  I am sure He was smiling.

God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.  The child in us yearns to be loved.  The youth in each of us longs for acceptance and approval.  Our adult years experience a renewal of youth and hope because He applauds our efforts and deposits value in our lives.  It's so good to know that The Lord Our God Rejoices Over Us! 

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. 

He rejoices over you with joyful songs.   Let's say it again:  He rejoices over you with joyful songs! 
   
1 John 3:1 See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are.

I'm thankful to be called a child of God.  I'm grateful to the Lord ... that when I climb one more step up the ladder of maturity and righteousness ... He smiles ... and claps for me. 

The magnitude of God's love is greater than our minds can comprehend.  It's the love of a Heavenly Father!    Perhaps you couldn't hear it, but He applauded your faithfulness today. 

Life is clearer, easier, and fuller ...  because of the love of Jesus in our hearts!   The love of God comes to cultivate righteousness in us. 

Someone said, "Love is a friendship set to music." 

God is your friend ...  and He's singing your song.  
...

No comments:

Post a Comment