Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Monday, January 13, 2020

WHEN YOU GET TO BE MY AGE....

DO NOT LAUGH.
DO NOT JUDGE.
YOU WILL BE HERE ONE DAY, TOO

When you get to be my age, you are allowed strange behavior ... all that you do, or desire to do, must be done quickly... so you grab anything that is fun, better, or an improvement, and go with it.  Thus, Snapchat.  Lol.

I spontaneously snapped this picture on (what else?) Snapchat this morning, just for fun.  Then sent it to my daughters, again, just for fun.  I may not be brave enough to share it on my personal FB page - not yet.  Who knows about an hour from now??  

Today (Monday) is my "start getting ready for the trip" day.  We leave Friday, before the world wakes, for Belize!  I'm not sure why planes like to take off before anyone should be out of bed, but here we go.  

I'm excited, as always, to go back to Belize.  I love the people.  They are my friends.  Living there a short time really ruined me for anything else ... and our visits are beginning to slow down as we see getting old-er on the horizon!  So,  why not have fun while we still occupy a body on this earth.  Practice happiness down here because that what you will experience in heaven! Practice makes perfect.  Isn't that what they say?  

The phrase "Practice Makes Perfect" is used to indicate that the more a skill is practiced, the better one becomes at it.  The term was once expressed as 'use makes mastery.'  The current expression was first seen in the late 1500s.  

It's still a useful expression for our time:  2020. 

The Word of God tells me that there will be no tears in heaven.  No sorrow.  No worries.  No pain. No depression. No sadness.  Maybe it's time to shake off the dust of dreariness on this earth and ready ourselves for the transition to pure joy and eternal rejoicing with the Heavenly Father.  Think I will.  So, that means that I will probably continue using Snapchat ... just for the fun of it.

They (?) say that if you want to be good at something, make sure to spend a lot of time doing it!  

I'll admit:  I have not spent a lot of time practicing joy, or happiness.  Pablo Picasso is a famous artist, known for creating amazing paints and sculptures. . . because he worked hard for his whole life.  Accomplished pianists worked hard for hours a day ... practice, practice, practice!  Could this be what the Lord is saying to us when we are told to take captive every thought ... bring it unto obedience to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5).  And to possess our vessel in sanctification and honor (I Thessalonians 4:4).   


This sounds like a personal responsibility to me.  I am the only one who can make this happen in my thought life, in my earthly body, and my born-again spirit.  Practice possessing my own self.  Spirit, soul, and body.  In fact, I can't find in Scripture where I have permission to be down, depressed, worried, without hope, or even sad.  

I've often read that we should live the last of our years with a life of no regrets.  Could that mean that we pursue those things that make us happy?  Or, give us purpose?  Yep.  That's what it means.  There are some thing we should do on purpose.  That's the only way it will happen!!

I don't have a bucket list.  Never made one.  Perhaps I should.  Maybe one day I will do that.  But, again, I need to hurry !!!  Haha....

Enjoy life.  Jesus came that we might have life abundantly!!!     

Yes, HE did.

So, back to the subject of today which is getting ready to leave for Belize this Friday.  My to-do list awaits.  It might even include a spontaneous picture in Snapchat!!  (Smile) 








No comments:

Post a Comment