Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Friday, December 20, 2019

IT'S BECOMING BLACK AND WHITE

It's shocking.  It's disappointing.  Today's revealing is a bit unnerving, even.  The grey area is dimming quickly.  Never has that fact been clearer than it is today.  Until recently (and I mean, recently)  we gleaned from ministries of sorts - using them in our personal devotionals, our guide for spiritual food and growth.  Books, magazines, videos, bible studies for groups, etc. . . . . . and accepted them with gratitude for their insight, wisdom, and even the authority which they portrayed.

In just this week alone, evidence is before us of ministry sources proclaiming their very open slant towards liberalism; portraying their acceptance of an agenda opposite of biblical standards.  

Two obvious ministries are before us in the news.

1.  Beth Moore

In all honesty, I never purchased a Beth Moore book.  I have not attended Bible studies using her materials.  I haven't followed her closely as others ... and I don't know why.  I just never went down that path.  When I heard of groups using her materials for study, I  always thought, 'Thats nice', but nothing more.  Not sure why I had no incentive to rush out and get her books or follow her ministry ... because I LOVE to study and learn.  While I admired her accomplishments, I just never jumped on that bandwagon.  

Moore's tweet regarding the article written by Mark Galli, published in Christianity Today's magazine, yesterday, the 19th of this month of December,  is an eye opener!  

Beth Moore
@BethMooreLPM
Replying to 
@CTmagazine
My hat’s off to you,
@markgalli
. Respect.

Well, How about that sports fans ...  or rather,  those of us in the believer's category.... 
So, why is her tweet a surprise??  We will discover in the next point. 

2.  Christianity Today:  

If you haven't read Mark Galli's article in Christianity Today, let me share a few highlights with you.

"But the facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral.

To the many evangelicals who continue to support Mr. Trump in spite of his blackened moral record, we might say this: Remember who you are and whom you serve. Consider how your justification of Mr. Trump influences your witness to your Lord and Savior. Consider what an unbelieving world will say if you continue to brush off Mr. Trump’s immoral words and behavior in the cause of political expediency."

Galli said:  To use an old cliché, it’s time to call a spade a spade

That's one statement Galli rightly spoke.  It is time to call a spade a spade.  The great Billy Graham founded Christianity Today.  Galli used Graham's name at the beginning of the article.   As Franklin Graham wrote:  they invoked my father's name (I suppose to try to bring legitimacy to their statements). 

So, let's be fair.  Here is an excerpt from Franklin Graham's response to this article:

Christianity Today said it’s time to call a spade a spade. The spade is this—Christianity Today has been used by the left for their political agenda. It’s obvious that Christianity Today has moved to the left and is representing the elitist liberal wing of evangelicalism.

You can read the entire response by Graham on his Facebook page.  It's interesting, and truthful.  

Now you know why I say that it's becoming black and white.  No more grey shades as to where people stand spiritually.  

Today?  It's a different day.  Ideology, agendas, and preferences, both spiritual and political,  are suddenly being revealed and the revealing launches us from the 'they are all good and profitable' to an 'oops,  I thought they were ok'  kind of thought.  Our eyes are being opened.  We see a side of these folks that we didn't know existed.  We thought they were on the same page of the book as we are on.   
This brings me to the question:

Will believers be shaken to the point they lose their footing?  I hope not.  Remember, we serve a Risen Savior, not speakers or authors.  As we have heard before, it's time to take a reality check!  

Maybe it's time to stand up and sing all the verses and chorus from the great hymn:

MY HOPE IS BUILT ON NOTHING LESS

1.  My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus Christ, my righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame, 
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.

CHORUS
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

2.  When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

3.  His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

4.  When he shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
In Him, my righteousness, alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

IT'S BECOMING BLACK AND WHITE, FOLKS.  NO GREY AREA EXISTS ANY LONGER.  STAND FIRM AND KEEP SINGING....

On Christ the solid rock I stand ...
... All other ground is sinking sand.

Amen.  and..... amen.

...

2 comments:

  1. Well, Jane, you have given us a peek at what the Apostle Paul calls "a falling away." It is obvious that we are living in the dangerous days of demonic deception. "Let no man deceive you by any means: for THAT DAY shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of Sin be revealed, the son of perdition who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called GOD" 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4. We must be fully equipped with GOD'S Word so we can recognize the difference between Truth and deception. You have warned us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the heavenly father is who I will serve and follow I will not follow people the word is his word the bible is my study guide! Thank you ms jane for posting this I wouldnt have known how bad some Christians have fallen.

    ReplyDelete