Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Saturday, June 17, 2017

PEACE THAT PASSES ALL OF MY UNDERSTANDING!


What is peace?  It is defined as a state of mutual harmony between people....it is the normal freedom from civil unrest and violence in a community ...  it's also cessation of ... or freedom from ... any strife or dissension.

Of course, the opposite of peace is unrest and strife.  You know, the kind we are seeing in our nation and around the world today ... and, too often, it's happening inside our own spirit.  

Jesus spent His last night on earth showing concern about our peace... Some of His words are written in John 14:27: 
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives do I give to you..."  Jesus has always been concerned about us.  He has always wanted us to live in peace and experience the peace that passes all understanding.   This is the same peace that Jesus has with His Father!  

Unfortunately, we are lacking peace in our nation.  Unity between our political parties has flown out the window.  The war between who is in control in our government is ongoing and it's as though 'we the people' just don't exist!  Where's the peace we once had?  I can remember the good ole days in America!

Seems as though there's war and strife on every hand.  And violence fills our land.  

Martin Luther King wrote the following seven points about violence:
1.  Violence is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all. 
2.  It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding: it seeks to annihilate rather than convert. 
3.  Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love. 
4.  It destroys community and makes brotherhood impossible.
5.  It leaves society in monologue rather than dialogue. 
6.  Violence ends up defeating itself. 
7.  It creates bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers.” 

I can't control the world ... but I can control what goes on between my two ears!  Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to be my comforter, my guide, my friend...and He brings sweet peace to my soul.  

While violence rocks our world, the Peace of God can rule our hearts through Jesus Christ. I love the words written by Max Lucado  - taken from A Love Worth Giving:

"I wonder how many burdens is Jesus carrying for us that we know nothing about?  Has He lifted fears before we felt them?  Has He carried our confusions so we wouldn't have to?  Those times when we have been surprised by our own peace?  Could it be that Jesus has lifted our anxiety onto His shoulders and placed a yoke of kindness on ours?"

Bill Gaither wrote Redemption Draweth Nigh.  Verse two is fitting for today:

Wars and strife on every hand, and violence fills our land.
Still some people doubt He'll come again.  
But the Word of God is true!
He'll redeem His chosen few.  
Don't lose hope, soon Christ Jesus will descend.

There you go!  Don't lose hope, because:

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand...

Well, it wouldn't be complete without singing the fourth verse of this hymn:

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found,
Clothed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne!
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand!

And....

Until then, my heart will go on singing...
Until then, with joy I'll carry on!! 
Until the day my eyes behold the city,
Until the day God calls me home.

Amen!  I'm writing myself into a Happy State!   Praise the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ who sits at the right Hand of God, the Father!  Thank the Lord for sending His Precious Holy Spirit to bring us into this place of rest and peace!

So....

Until then, let the peace of God which passes all understanding, rule and reign in your hearts!!  Life should be good.  It can be good... with Jesus Christ.






1 comment:

  1. You did it again!! PEACE BEYOND UNDERSTANDING GOES INTO ETERNAL OMNISCIENCE OF GOD!

    I'm so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete