Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Saturday, June 1, 2019

THE DUCKS WADDLED HOME....


I bought this notebook last fall, just before a milestone of a birthday. My intent was to start writing on my birthday (November 18) and fill the notebook daily with life stuff for my girls.  You know, a keeper for them to read when I'm gone!  A keeper because it would have great writings from daily living (mine) which would ooze with wisdom.  :-0   I just knew they would treasure this book one day!   of course...

Would you believe, the notebook is blank.  It's been sitting in plain view since last November.  I don't have an explanation for this, either.  I just didn't follow through with my brilliant idea! 

We've all heard the phrase, "hell is paved with good intentions" ... thankfully, another phrase rather softens this statement:  "But remember that good intentions pave many roads.  Not all of them lead to hell."

There's another one that goes, "Hell is full of good meanings, but heaven is full of good works."   

I also read that "One kind deed is more beautiful than a thousand good intentions."   

Scripture tells us that faith without works is dead.  Three verses in James chapter 2 states this fact.  

James (the author of the book in the Bible) makes it very plain.  If I have intent,  I need to get up and do something about it or that intent amounts to nothing.   Just as there's no correspondence course for swimming - there's no other way to see results with my Notebook of Wisdom other than actively moving beyond intent and adding works along with my intent.

So... I should pick up the notebook, grab a pen, and get to work.  A blank piece of paper is the best place to start.  It is true that 50% of result is better than 100% of intention.  Besides, it keeps me out of trouble.

A story is told of a town where all the residents are ducks.  Every Sunday the ducks waddle out of their houses and waddle down Main Street to their church.  They waddle into the sanctuary and squat in their pews.  The duck choir waddles in and takes it place, and then the duck minister comes forward and opens the duck Bible.  He reads to them:  "Ducks!  God has given you wings!  With wings you can mount up and soar like eagles.  No walls can confine you!  No fences can hold you!  You have wings.  God has given you wings, and you can fly like birds!"

All the ducks shout, "Amen!"

And then they all waddle home.

Lesson learned.  







No comments:

Post a Comment