Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Sunday, June 9, 2019

HOUSE OF HATE ON AN ARKANSAS HWY

Yesterday, as I was driving on one of our Arkansas highways, I did a double-take to make sure that I saw "what I saw" .... A NAZI FLAG FLYING HIGH.  I quickly turned around and drove past the house again and snapped a few pictures.  Once more I turned my car around to head in my original direction and slowed to take pictures from the driver's side.  

A lady was walking on the side of the road ... watching me, waiting for me.  I stopped and she approached my side of the car ...  I asked if she lived in the house across the street, thinking she might be upset because I was taking pictures.  She said, "No, I was wondering if you were taking mail from my mailbox because someone has been stealing our mail."  I assured her quickly that I wasn't interested in mailboxes, but I was interested in the flags.  She invited me to pull into her driveway.  From there I had a direct view of the house across the highway.  We visited for a bit - about that house, and she mentioned her desire to move from there.  I don't blame her.  

She said the inhabitants moved in a few months ago.  One incident she noted involved the burning of a large white cross which brought several police cars to the scene.  There was stress and concern in her voice as she related her question, wondering why the landlord didn't evict the tenants.  

I saw a Nazi flag flying boldly underneath a Christian flag.  Why?  I was stunned to say the least.  I couldn't understand.  The Nazi flag has become one of the most potent hate symbols worldwide.  Several photos reveal a different flag hanging in each window of the house.  

I spent time today researching.  This house is evidently inhabited by members of The New Aryan Empire, an Arkansas-based white supremacist prison gang.  Neo-Nazi.  They use various markings, among them swastikas (which are displayed in their windows).  


Why the Christian Flag flying with the Nazi flag?  There is a theology known as Christian Identity (not an organized religion or connected with Christian denominations) that is practiced by individuals, and some prison gangs.  It's theology promotes a racial interpretation of Christianity.  Christian Identity is a racist anti-Semitic, and white supremacist interpretation of Christianity ... which holds that only some ...including Aryan people ... are the descendants of Abraham ...

Wesley A Swift formulated the doctrine that non-Caucasian peoples have no souls, therefore can never earn God's favor or be saved.  The theology was promoted by George Lincoln Rockwell, the founder of the American Nazi Party.  Bingo!  The connection between the two flags. 

A February, '19 article about this Arkansas movement (U.S. indicts 54 in investigation targeting Arkansas-based white supremacist group) quoted the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives district office in Little Rock as stating:  "we have effectively dismantled this violent, drug-dealing organization."

If that is true, then tell me why these tenants are not evicted?  Why are they free to fly a flag of hate?  Why is the House of Hate allowed to flaunt terrorism on a highway in America ... in the Bible Belt of America?  

Before writing this blog, I asked my husband the following questions:
1.  How many people drive by that house daily?
2.  How many people notice the Nazi flag?
3.  How many people are concerned about the Nazi flag?
4.  How many just don't care?

I care.  I don't like it.  This is still a nation that was founded on Christian principles.  We are the land of the free and the brave.  Believe me, it takes a brave citizen of our country to take a stand against those who have pulled out all the stops to destroy our great nation! 

I am a proud, patriotic, Bible-believing American.  I love our flag, the beautiful red, white, and blue.

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O're the land of the free and the home of the brave! 
(THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER)






1 comment:

  1. Jane, was somewhat upset about the flags flying along the highway yesterday! Maybe "somewhat" is a little understatement! I've known of this kind of activity here in Arkansas for several years, especially in the northern hills! Thanks, Jane for calling this to our attention. It really is closer to our home than we think. I'm proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete