Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Monday, May 26, 2014

'God Is Here, but I Am Getting So Tired'


"God is here, but I'm getting so tired. Tired of praying. Tired of crying. Sometimes it seems like there is no end to all this misery. I know God is in control, but sometimes I feel so hopeless. I regularly fall on my knees and cry out to Him about why all of this is happening."

Hanna is a Christian woman living in Damascus, Syria, with her husband. She and her husband have two young daughters. She works in a school.

Her story was published recently in Charisma News.  Hannah poured her heart out over the last year, describing life in Damascus...the trauma and stress known only by those in a war area.  When you experience a civil war that is now going into its fourth year and has already taken 120,000 lives ... you do get weary.  You do get tired.

When I read this article some time ago, I couldn't help but save it to a document.  We can relate to Hannah even though our streets are peaceful and our problems small in comparison to hers - but, nonetheless, the enemy plots to wear each of us down with life. 

Perhaps you are one of those who can say with Hannah, ""God is here, but I'm getting so tired. Tired of praying. Tired of crying. Sometimes it seems like there is no end to all this misery. I know God is in control, but sometimes I feel so hopeless ..."

James H. McConkey wrote, "What can you do when you are about to faint physically?  You can't DO anything!  In your weakness you just fall upon the shoulders of some strong loved one, lean hard, and rest until your strength returns.  The Lord's message to us is 'Be still and know that I am God' (Psalm 46:10)."

Hudson Taylor was so feeble in the closing months of his life that he said to a dear friend, "I'm so weak that I can't work or read my Bible, and I can hardly pray.  I can only lie still in God's arms like a little child and trust." 

That's all the Heavenly Father asks of you when you are weary.

I know it isn't popular to dare mention a believer weakening to this state in life, but, it's all too real and honest to ignore ...  even believers become weary.  BUT, Christians have a hope that is not of this world.  Our hope rests in the reality and presence of Jesus Christ.  Our hope rests in the Comforter Jesus sent to us - One to walk along side of us - One to live inside of us -  One to minister to us and talk to us. That is the Holy Spirit!  The third person of the Trinity. 

Now, if you can relate to this phrase, "God is Here, but I am getting so tired"  then remember:

The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.  Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous:  "The LORD's right hand has done mighty things!  The LORD's right hand is lifted high; the LORD's right hand has done mighty things!" -  Psalm 118:14-16

My comfort in my suffering is this:  Your promise preserves my life..  Psalm 119:50

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.   Psalm 46:1-3

We all need encouragement at times.  Especially, when we are tired.  I'm reminded of the story about the little boy who said to his father:  "Let's play darts.  I'll throw and you say 'Wonderful!'" 

Listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit say to you today, "Let's do life ...  you live ... and I'll say 'Wonderful!'"  

Child of God, you have a right to LIVE and enjoy living because: 
IN HIM you live and move and have your being. 
IN HIM you can lift your head and look up for your redemption draws near. 
IN HIM you will find joy in the midst of troubles. 
IN HIM you have a beautiful future and a purpose. 

Read what Hannah did with her school children in the midst of war:

"In our school we gathered the children to pray for the victims. I told the children: No matter what bad things are happening around us, our God is still good; even if we're in danger of death, our God is still good and worthy of praise. So we raised our hands and started worshipping God. The parents of one of our Muslim pupils were present while we did that, and they were so impressed they said: 'Our child is safe here. He is under the protection of God.'"

...so we raised our hands and started worshipping God!  Even unbelievers will recognize the presence and protection of our Almighty God!

The name of the LORD is a strong tower, the righteous run into it and are safe!
Proverbs 18:10

Tired?   Run.  Run.  And run quickly...

.

....

No comments:

Post a Comment