Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Monday, April 22, 2013

"In His Image" (For ladies)

In His Image
 
Jesus, did you know me, too
When I was formed within the womb?
Did angels even care
To know that I was there?
 
At my birth, did they rejoice
Did they say, “Let’s have a holiday?”
And as I grew, were you there, too?
 
Now that I’m mature
Everything I do, every day I live
Does it really matter to you?
 
Jesus said,
“Daughter, yes, I know you…
Formed secretly in the womb.
We spread the heavens
With scarlet streams
And rejoiced and rejoiced and rejoiced
When you were birthed.
 
I saw you grow
A woman of creation, a creation of mine.
And now that you’re mature
There’s a secret I must whisper in your ear.
 
You’re a woman of worth
I attended your birth.
 
I found you so special,
So very unique.
You’re made in my image
Go quickly, bring forth the sheep.
 
I’ve a Kingdom you’ll soon see
Then you will know
Of your value to me.
 
I’ve paved your street
With purest gold
Your mansion is one you’ll like
All new, with everything bright.
 
Arise, daughter
Let me share
That when you’ve hurt
I’ve been there.
 
Touched your cheek …
Stroked your hair.
 
And when your babies came
I knew.  I saw your pain.
 
You’re a woman of worth,
I attended your birth.

Your force and your power
Knows no limit
When you, only you
Set your mind to it.
 
Now, go quickly, daughter
With head held high
And look while you work
For Gabriel … poised in the sky.
 
Know today the value of you
There’s no one else like you
That’s the secret
I whisper in your ear.
 
You are loved, my daughter
Made in my image
You are my child
And, yes …
I am your Father.”
 
                     ~ Jane Powell


No comments:

Post a Comment