Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Friday, April 5, 2013

Marie Prayed for Me Today...

The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create,
to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love
and to be greater than our suffering.
-Ben Okri
 
When my cell phone rang today I noticed on the screen that it was my friend, Marie, calling.  I love to talk to Marie.  She loves God with all her heart.
 
The neatest thing happened. When she realized my case of respiratory 'stuff' was still lingering, she just stopped talking and started to pray!  Oh, how I loved that!  I enjoyed His Presence while she prayed.  It was a moment to cherish. 
 
Now, Marie is real.  She is very real.  She's real with God.  I especially like that about her!  I envy her ability to talk to the Lord as though He's standing next to her, or sitting in a chair in her living room.  There's no pretense, no flaky stuff, no phony business....she is as honest with the Lord as a person can be.  I'll have to admit, that is refreshing.   I don't know of anyone I'd rather have pray for me than my friend, Marie.
 
But, let me tell you what touched my heart the most!   As she was praying, she said, (and I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget)..."Lord, just love on her....just baby her."
 
Ah, my ... heart ... melted!  Baby me?  Baby me?  Well, to tell you the truth, I would love that!  God, go ahead and baby me!  Please!  
 
To 'baby' someone is to give them extra attention -  to make everything as easy as possible for them.  Treat them with kindness and say encouraging words, even when they don't need encouragement!   When you are babied  ... your needs are met without having to ask for a thing.  It's all good! 
 
It might be that 'babying' someone is to bail them out when they know they've messed up.  Or, to give a hug or an understanding nod ... instead of the scolding they so deserve.
 
It simply means: to be treated as though you are a person of value.  It indicates that there is someone endowed with the capability and desire to nurture you into what you can become - not destroy you because of what you are.  It means there is someone who cares.

Jesus is that Someone!   He has treated me far better than I deserve.  When I strayed, He led me back to the path of righteousness.  Grace allowed me to mature, putting behind me all the foolish things I've said and done. 

The lyrics to the song, No One Ever Cared For Me Like Jesus, says it best:

No one ever cared for me like Jesus,
There's no other friend so kind as He;
No one else could take the sin and darkness from me,
O how much He cared for me.

All my life was full of sin when Jesus found me,
All my heart was full of misery and woe;
Jesus placed His strong and loving arms about me,
And He led me in the way I ought to go.

Jesus is that Someone!  He babied me by shedding His blood on the cross for my sins.  He rose from the grave and now sits at the right hand of the Father, making intercession for me. No one cares for me like Jesus.

Oh, thank you, Marie....for such a beautiful prayer.  It touched my heart.  To be 'babied' is rare for many of us.  I doubt there's a man or woman alive who receives too much love. 

But, just so you know, Lord....I'll take all the love and care you want to pour out on me!  And I give you praise in advance! 

Thanks, Marie, for praying for me!
...

No comments:

Post a Comment