Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Sunday, May 5, 2013

GOD, I'vE gOtTa TaLk To YoU!



TODAY I picked up a small book belonging to my granddaughter, Chloe.  The picture on the cover page caught my attention.  Actually, the title of the book caught my attention.  God, I've gotta talk to you!.

The first thought that entered my head was, "Yes, God, I do need to talk to You!  I certainly do."

It wouldn't have surprised me if God had shouted: "I know.  I've been waiting.  What took you so long?"  He didn't say it...but I am sure I deserve it! 

I flipped through the pages and discovered that this is a book of prayers for children with each prayer presented in poem form.  Each poem has a title which could easily apply to GrOwN-uPs.

Prayer/Poem titles included:   In the Morning, About the Seasons, About Forgiveness,  About Being Forgiven, About Forgiving Others, When I'm Happy, When I'm Lonely, and When I'm Afraid, About Friends, About Sick People..

There are times in my life when I feel like shouting, GOD, I'VE GOTTA TALK TO YOU!   I can visualize the Lord shaking His head and thinking .... Will that girl ever learn?   :)

If you have a strong urge or maybe a desperate cry swelling within your heart .... to talk to someone who cares and understands....why not talk to God?

Here are a few points to assist you in your visit with our Creator.

1.  Find a place to pray
2.  Set a time to pray
3.  Make a prayer list
4.  Use a prayer guide, if needed
5.  Keep a notepad handy with your Bible
6.  You might want to start a journal of your prayers
7.  Now, simply start talking to God. 

It's much easier to keep your focus if you pray aloud.  When  I pray silently my thoughts scatter a thousand directions.  If you feel the need to talk to God and you are not alone,  you can certainly pray silently.  God still hears you.

Our God is an awesome God.  He loves to hear the sound of our voice as we talk to Him.

Take a lesson from a child's book.  Whatever you are facing in life,  just say, "God, I've gotta talk to you!"  He will answer, "Go ahead, I'm listening."

...
God, I've gotta talk to you!  (written by Anne Jennings, Concordia Publishing House)

No comments:

Post a Comment