Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Friday, March 1, 2013

You Can't Walk Alone...


I can't live without you
I can't walk this road alone
In my heart I need you
Holy One, come take my hand
 
 
God always comes through.  It's true.  He will never leave you or forsake you.  He is everywhere at once. 


While you are being 'ordinary' ... He is still being God. 

Yesterday I was preparing to travel again - returning to my home town after hearing of my uncle's sudden passing.  It's a celebration for him...he was ready to see his Lord.  But....for the family, it's a difficult time.   Let  me share with you a few points showing that God simply took one of his children home.

1. After a normal day at work he went to the gym
2. At home he sat in his recliner waiting to watch The Walton's.
3. At an appointed moment - he left that recliner and walked through the gate of heaven.
4. His mother made this same journey - on this same date - a few years earlier.

Actually, I didn't start the blog with intentions of writing about his passing, but it is obviously another instance of God not forsaking us and it's important to note those special times.  I meant to write about the above chorus. 

I was being ordinary, as I mentioned,  and I'll admit, my spirit was a little heavy.  "I decided" to listen to music.  I grabbed my Nook, logged in to Pandora....not a clue as to which song would play and it happened!  God showed that He is still being God.

The words captured my attention.  I stopped.  Listened.  Ran for my notebook to jot the words down so I could remember them.  These few words ministered to my spirit.

I can't live without you...
    I can't walk this road alone...
        In my heart I need you....
            Holy One, come take my hand...

Thank You, Lord for sending a simple but powerful message when I needed it.

Oh, I need to explain the "I decided" part.  It wasn't my decision....the thought came from the Holy Spirit.  That's how He works.   While I was being ordinary....He was still being God.

Watch for Him.  He shows up when you least expect it. 

He can do that.  He's God.
---------------------------------
P.S,  I'm not familiar with the song "Without You" and I am not acquainted with The Parachute Band, but I know God used them to lift my spirit yesterday.  As I said, God is still being God.
.....

No comments:

Post a Comment