Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Monday, January 11, 2010

Just Print it...

It's been a profitable Monday. The sunshine was beautiful, even though it was still rather chilly. Evening is now upon us and I find myself winding down. I took a break from chores and read one of my email devotions. As often happens, a paragraph or two flashed brilliantly with a message 'just for me'...I hang onto those kind of words...when they come. They're mine. I needed them. Is that what you do, too?

I copy/paste the portion that speaks to me -then print it - then I put it where I can read it over and over - until the next message arrives. I don't deliberately search for words of encouragement, I just read ... and it seems there's usually a sentence or two - from somewhere - that becomes energized and jumps from the page into my heart. When that happens, I grab it. It's a prize. And it's mine. The tidings from the writing fortifies my faith and I stand strong another day.

The author won't mind if I share my pargraph with you, I'm sure. After all, it was written for the edification of believers.

"You may have been going through some troubling circumstance or struggling with a certain situation for some time now. But the good news is that your days of struggling are over! If you want to experience the power of God in your life, it is critical that you find out what God promises in His Word. He doesn't want you to stay in your current situation; He wants to take you to new levels of glory every day! All it takes is your unwavering belief in what He says in His Word. "

I love this sentence: The good news is that your days of struggling are over! What a relief! That's so good to know. Like so many other people, I must constantly remind myself that I'm not alone. God cares.

I want you to know that you're not alone, either. God cares for you. He wants you to be encouraged - not discouraged. God will perform His Word over you. When I learned that the word encourage means to stimulate spiritually, I thought: SO THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS! That's how we become refreshed and restored when words leap from the page and land square in the middle of our spirit! We are spiritually stimulated!!

Is there someone you know who needs to be stimulated spiritually? Send an encouraging word to them...become a minister of the good news of the gospel. Tell them that their days of struggling are over!! You'll discover that putting action to your faith will cause you to be spiritually stimulated at the same time. Maybe that's the way God works.

How can you remember that special message from the Lord when you need it most? Print it! Just print it!

No comments:

Post a Comment