Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Tuesday, May 21, 2019

PUNGLE. A new word for me...

It's never too late to learn.  The word of the day for Merriam Webster is PUNGLE.  A new word for me!  Here's the meaning:

...to make a payment or contribution of (money) - usually used with up.


I've always been interested in words and meanings of words. One web site describes our curiosity of learning this way: 

        People who love to learn don't depend only on classrooms or professors.  They seek answers for every question, their minds are always clouded with 'how' and 'why'.  They have innate desire to please their inner curiosity and dig deeper until their thirst for answer quenches. 

I suppose that's me.  I can spend a day on the computer ...  searching ... actually, I prefer the word:  researching.   I especially love learning the deeper meanings and revelations from the Word of God.  Listening to a minister who preaches the Word with insight into scripture also catches my attention.

But, at times, simple  explanations are powerful.  I remember a pastor from my teen years who was referring to eschatology, the study of future events and the future coming of Christ.  He described it in a few words.  "He's coming and I'm going" -  I got it.

Jesus is coming again.  And I'm going in the Rapture.  Here's another opportunity for a word study.  The word 'Rapture' isn't found in the Bible.  The Latin word, rapio, is used in verse 17 when Paul says we will be caught up, and it is from this association with being “caught up” or “carried off” that we get the word, rapture.  You will find this in the following verses of I Thessalonians 4:16-17.

16: For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 
17: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Pungle is a new word for me, but I have understood the word Rapture for a long time.  "Caught up" in the clouds has not happened yet - but I expect it to occur any day.  This brings us to another word, imminent, meaning: likely to happen at any moment.  This means that Christ could come back for His church, the Bride of Christ, at any moment.  There are numerous scriptures indicating the imminent return of Jesus.  So, here you go.  Do your research.  It's never to late to learn.  You might have an epistemophilic personality like Edison...an excessive love or reverence for knowledge....An impulse to inquire. 

I pray you have an impulse to inquire about the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.  And, as the song goes,

"I'll see you in the Rapture
... see you in the Rapture
I'll see you at the meeting in the air.
There with our blessed Saviour
We'll live and reign forever.
I'll see you in the Rapture some sweet day." 


..

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing wordsmith! And many times you have left me at a lost for words! I believe that your quest for knowledge and your practical wisdom has been used to bless so many with your depth of sharing God's word. I am a blessed man!

    ReplyDelete