Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Saturday, May 4, 2019

A BEAUTIFUL LADY NAMED ANN

Yesterday I attended the celebration of the life of Ann Minick.  I met her a only few times during recent years.  At this point, Ann was not well.   I listened as her life story was shared, and I could picture her vitality for living, her wit, and just how much she was loved by so many.

To be honest, the service caused me to think about my life.  I wanted to hurry home and dig out all of my pictures.  Get a flash drive - pick out snapshots of me that I approve - then, present it to my girls, so that, when it's my turn to go HOME  I would not be miffed at photos they might display on the screen. !!  :)

Ann's life depicted one of dedication and service to the Lord Jesus Christ.  When she stepped out of this house of clay - she moved right into the presence of Jesus.   

Psalm 116:15 says, Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.  

From this side, death is a time of sorrow, of loss, defeat, and separation.  From the other side: it's a time of release, reunion, rest and reward!    

John 14: 2,3 "In my Father's house are many mansions:  if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you. 3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

Christians never say goodbye.  We just say, I'll see you later.  Eternity will provide opportunity for me to get better acquainted with A Beautiful Lady Named Ann.

I am thankful for that still, small voice that offered the gift of eternal life to me as a young girl.  I accept it.  I treasure that gift.  

I pray that you, too, will receive Jesus as Savior if you have not done so.  It's easier than  you think....to have eternal life in heaven with the Lord.   His invitation is still extended to all who will believe.  

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come.  And let him that heareth say, Come.  And let him that is athirst come.  And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

One word.  Come.  Just come.  It will be worth it all...



.....

1 comment:

  1. I've known Ann for a long time. She was married to my best friend, Bob Minick. What a pair they were together. Bob was the ship, she was the rudder! She had that special touch. I'm glad that our lives have been intertwined in fellowship. She is loved and we will miss her! Her influence will live on!

    ReplyDelete