Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Monday, July 12, 2010

Run To The Sea


"Tell the people to go forward, to the sea..."  Exodus 14:15

Run to the sea, Run hard, Run fast
The trouble you now face, It's not going to last.

God said He would toughen, by way of difficulties
So, led by His own plan, I faced a deep, red sea.

They came as waves, In places hard and dry
A sea in a desert, My soul was surely tried.

I looked for refuge, Found not in a man
Then I picked up the Word, It came alive in my hand.

I feasted as one starving, Seeking...chasing God.
Prayer was more than ritual, Deliverance was the cause.

Life came from the Book, Presence listened as I prayed.
Faith arose, gave strength within, I can run...run...and not afraid.

Fear is not a part, of what I'm to believe
It's faith alive in me, Determining what I receive.

See me run - I'm going through, This trial won't destroy
My God has a plan, For me to count it joy.

I can run to the sea, I know I'm not alone.
There's power in the Word, It comes from God's own throne.

I know there's a victory, Over every war I face
To give up when I will win, Would be to my disgrace.

Yes, Lord, Your Voice is clear,  I'll do just as you say
With the Word in my hand, I will, I will obey.

I'll run to the sea, As quickly as I can
Victory awaits me there, Through the power of Your Hand!
                                                              -  Jane, 1999


No comments:

Post a Comment