Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Marmaduke Moment...

"Why is everyone always having more fun than us?"  "Cause they aren't afraid to live!"  


Just when you think there's not much going for the movie, a line grabs your attention and you search for pen and paper (in the dark)...at least you're taking something of value away for the dollars you spent to see the movie.


Why does it seem that everyone is having more fun than you?  Have you noticed many of  the quotes on fb (fb is short for facebook, in case you were wondering)?   "I'm so tired...I'm sick...I'm sick and tired."  "I'm bored."   "Woe is me.."   Why aren't people having fun?  Why am I not having fun?  Hey,  I know we've been ousted from the Garden of Eden...but there should be something about life that is enjoyable.  Life is way too short to be miserable all of the time.


I wonder of the writers of Marmaduke realize they added a tidbit of wisdom here.  How much fun are you having in life?  What a shame to be alive and not really living.  We were created in the express image of God.  Genesis 1:27  "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God he created him..."  One more:  John 10:10 "The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy.  I (Jesus) came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows." I love the overflow part!  That means we aren't afraid to have fun.  It means that in spite of circumstances, people, and problems...we can laugh, enjoy life, and have a good time while on this earth.  Stop feeling guilty for being happy!  Deliberately - On Purpose... do something to create fun!  


For many people, life isn't what they would like it to be.  It's true: Life isn't fair.  And when Jesus was talking about giving us abundant life, He wasn't just referring to 'things'.  He was talking about the real things of life such as peace, love, joy and hope. He was talking about a quality of life that flows through your soul as you stay connected with Him.  Few people can actually say they are living an abundant life.  We fall far short of what Jesus Christ intended and it's our own fault.  No one can take your joy.  No one can stop you from having fun.


From a sermon: The Abundant Life does not always make everything that is around us peaceful, but it does give us the ability to be at peace even during times of hardship and tragedy.  Our living the Abundant Life will not change the way OTHER PEOPLE live.  Our enemy will still be our enemy, mistreating us, and giving us a hard time. But it will help us to love them and to be at peace with them.


A novel I read recently included a powerful statement:  "I almost ruined my life by allowing things to happen to me, rather than making things happen for me!"  Ouch!  Making things happen will require mental and physical energy on our part.  It includes taking responsibility for our own life.  Jesus gave you life, so choose to live an abundant one!  You can choose to be happy...you can choose to have fun.  It's that simple.  You just make a choice.  Remember that life is the sum total of your choices.  


"Why is everyone always having more fun than us?"  
 Answer: "Cause they aren't afraid to live!"


"I almost ruined my life by allowing things to happen to me, rather than making things happen for me!" 


Now, go make your life a good one!!  Have fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment