Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Gravity is messin' with one-third of ME.


 

GRAVITY is most commonly experienced as the agent that gives weight to objects with mass and causes them to fall to the ground when dropped.  Gravity is what you feel when you lift a backpack or heavy suitcase.  Gravity is a signal that tells your body how to act.  It tells your muscles and bones how strong they must be.

I get it.  I do.  My concern is not that my body doesn't know HOW TO ACT.  My concern is that gravity has gone too far - it has started meddling.  It's gone beyond telling my body how to act - it has taken over control as to how my body LOOKS! Gravity has involved itself with a pull on my body....and that without right or invitation; it has interfered officiously and unwantedly!  

That which was once fairly normal - has become the most obvious abuse of gravity ever known to man!  If possible, I would sue gravity!  After all, God made us as a triune being:  spirit, soul, and body.  Gravity is messin' with one-third of ME,  God's created being!  And it is constant, unforgiving, and monotonous!

Now, understand, I appreciate what gravity has done for me.  It has kept my feet planted firmly on this earth!  I don't take that lightly.  I am grateful!  It's true, the absence of gravity can be a problem.  Without gravity your muscles think you don't need them.  They go AWOL on you.  After some time, you would have to be carried around on a stretcher. 

Without gravity your blood would not pool in your feet.  The looks of you head changes drastically.  That might not be so bad, but pretty soon the blood goes AWOL, too.  Strange, how blood, muscles, and bone seem to feel needed or they don't hang around.

Why can't we meet half-way.  Gravity and humans.  Call a truce.  Find a way to keep us planted here, but be kind.  Please. 

For those of us who have been around for a few years, they say gravity may actually be pulling on us less.  In fact, they say that its not that gravity pulls our skin from our body, it is that our skin is no longer as strong as it once was and has started falling from our body!   Now that's encouraging!!  My skin is falling off.  How do I fix this?  I don't think I can.  This is just as traumatic as my muscles and bones going AWOL without gravity.  I am emotionally wounded! 

I don't think the good Lord intended for all of this to happen to me.  He created everything and said, "This is Good."  What happened?   Here's what happened.  Sin entered our world. Perfection left.  Thanks a lot Adam and Eve!    What now?

Jesus is my answer!   I am redeemed.  My skin may fall off - but my spirit is looking good!  I am ready for the rapture.   The greatest thought is that I will look awesome for eternity.  My life is as a vapor (thank God) but I am an eternal being.  I would rather look good for all eternity than look like a super-star on this earth. 

He is coming again!   I sure hope He hurries.  Age is finishing off what gravity started!  Come, Lord Jesus!

Are you ready for Him to appear?  If not, you will have to stay here - with gravity and ageing.  Sorry.  I'm leaving ! 
...

No comments:

Post a Comment