Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Sunday, January 20, 2013

Do You Have a Mountain to Climb?

When I saw this photo posted on Facebook, the first thing I noticed was that this man didn't let his injury stop him from living.  Retired Marine Sgt. Keith Zeier lost his leg and suffered a severe brain injury in Iraq in 2006.

Yet, here he is, in New Hampshire, climbing Mt. Washington's MOST DIFFICULT route to raise funds and awareness for families of Special Operation forces killed and wounded in action.

Wounds and injuries did not control him.  He chose to climb a mountain.

1. He didn't stop living.
2. His wounds didn't master him.
3. He did not isolate himself because of injuries.
4. He picked out an even bigger mountain to climb.
5. He chose to have an "I can do this" attitude.

I was encouraged by this soldier.  You and I have mountains to climb.  I certainly have mine.  It may not be Mt. Washington and I may not have chosen this particular mountain...nevertheless, it is still a mountain in my life.

The brave efforts of this young warrior offers valuable lessons.

1. I do not have to quit.
2. I do not have to remain in a wounded state.
3. I can get up and push on.
4. I can tackle a mountain that seems unconquerable.
5. I can follow my dream to do something profitable and fulfilling in life.

It is not always easy, but it can be done!  The soldier's mountain reminded me of an Elvis tune:

But this time, Lord you gave me a mountain
A mountain you know I may never climb
It isn't just a hill any longer
You gave me a mountain this time

Shake off self-pity.  Get out there and ON PURPOSE  find a mountain to climb.  If you feel as though God has turned your hill into a mountain, take heart.  If he put a mountain in your path, He intends for you to BE SUCCESSFUL and climb it.  Don't give up.  He can and will turn your mountain into a plain.

Isaiah 45:2 "I will go before  you and will level the mountains..."

Proverbs 3:6  "In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (make your path smooth and straight)

You are alive and you have a God-Given purpose.  No one else can fulfill your destiny and accomplish your God-Given vision on this earth.

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible."  And, Remember, We serve a Mighty God who does the IMPOSSIBLE!

In the realm where God rules there is no such thing as impossible - Enter that possible realm and He will meet you there.
...

1 comment:

  1. JANE, you continue to amaze me!! This is such an encouraging article and certainly needs to be on a wider media form!! People here in Belize love your teaching, wisdom and counseling!!

    And I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete