Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Sunday, November 4, 2012

CHONDA PIERCE...

CHONDA PIERCE
Oh my, who doesn't love Chonda Pierce.  She is medicine for the soul.  Laughter all rolled up into one lady. 

I just clicked 'like' on her facebook page.  I had to laugh (of course) at one of her posts:  Well, I don't have cable! The only station I can get on my TV has a Tractor Pull/Monster Truck thing on.... And I just found myself cooing over the Kentuckian! It's a lovely tractor! And cheering for Mr.Twister! I need to get out more!!

I thank God for putting a built-in humor box inside of Chonda.   She came equipped with it.  For some of us ... it's optional.  You have to pay extra for that step-up quality of life.  You know, like buying a car.  Some things (for the lack of a better term) are standard and some are optional.

Last week I was obsessed with trading vehicles up a year or two, especially because the one I wanted was red and I'm driving a white one.  Admittedly, the mileage on mine is low and it's in great shape - but the red was appealing and I tried so hard to get a newer one without a payment increase.  Somehow, the dealers aren't too fond of doing that...unless you put down your life savings to boot.   I finally got over the bug...just like getting over a virus...it took a few days to get back to normal.

I struggled with the price because I wanted the one with alloy wheels, rail on top, etc.....I wanted all of the options without paying the price. 

We're guilty of that in our spiritual life.  We want all the options that come with salvation, but we don't want to pay the price.  I admire those who move freely in the gifts of the Spirit - healing - prophecy....and the rest...but we fail to note the price they paid.   If I settle for standard spiritual activity, I won't have all the options that are available.  I have to pay the price.

I am thankful for people like Chondra.  While I focus on End Time News, which is heavy and serious, yet needed for the hour....there is still a lighter side of life to enjoy.  Chondra brings that to us. 

Serious stuff of life is all around us but.....but....we have a hope that lifts beyond the clouds....and that is the Rapture of the Church.  A moment when Jesus Christ splits that eastern sky and at the sound of the trumpet we are caught up to be with the Lord. 

But until then.....enjoy all the humor in life that you can muster....even go to the extreme of enjoying a happy life...and remember, it's only going to get better up there!

..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment