Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Friday, July 22, 2011

Dear God, I'm sorry...

Today I answered a call that came in on my line at work and used the designated greeting. The first words spoken on the other end were laced with anger:  "My G-d!" ... the woman unleashed her frustration because of the necessary wait time until a phone was free to receive her call.  I was blessed to share a few minutes out of my life with this angry woman (NOT) !  She continued spouting her displeasure while using the Holy Name of God to express her frustration.

I haven't recovered from hearing her words.  Sure, I know it's par for the course.  It's just people!!  Let it roll.  Get over it.

But when I hear His Name spoken with such disrespect, it hurts.  If it hurts me...how much more it must break the heart of God. 

So, in this blog, I just want to say,
"God, I'm so sorry...  
I'm so sorry for all the people who use your Holy Name as a curse word...
I'm so sorry people have no respect for You...
I'm so sorry they don't love You...
I'm so sorry people think you don't matter...
I'm so sorry they don't know how wonderful You are...
I'm so sorry they don't love Your Name...
I'm so sorry they don't really know You...
I'm so sorry Your Name is not praised as it should be...
I'm so sorry that the woman used your Name today as a way to simply express anger...
I'm so sorry..."

A couple of weeks ago, I was on the phone with another lady who was calling from an attorney's office - she spoke to another person briefly (in another language) and then in swearing tone, I heard her say: Jesus Christ.   Since I was still on the phone with her, I couldn't help but say, I know Him!  There was silence ... and I proceeded to handle business...

I should spoken up today, too...but I was stunned. "I'm sorry, God, for not speaking in Your defense."

I am so sorry, Lord.  Forgive us for our sins...
...

No comments:

Post a Comment