Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Thursday, January 27, 2011

People. We need them.

For over a month now I've visited friends, family...covering many miles.  It's been good. It all started just before Christmas.  I remember how cold the weather was as I drove to NW Arkansas on the way to my grandson's house for Christmas Eve.  I stopped at the store to pick up items needed for making a huge pot of chicken and dumplings.  Oh my, it was cold!  Chilling...cold.  But we had such a great time.  I have 2 children and several grands....all totaling eleven if I include those connected by marriage.  We drove from different states just to enjoy that one evening together.  Since that night, I've taken time to be with friends and family. 

Life is fast paced.  Seldom do we have time to just visit.  Families no longer live close in one community, as in years past.  We are scattered from state to state.  Fortunately, technology allows us to maintain contact easily.   Facebook is a great tool for social contact.  It's allowed me to reconnected with friends from the past and touch base with relatives that I seldom see.  Now I can keep up with folks through their posts and pictures.  I feel that they are a part of my life again. 

I enjoyed visiting, but now it's coming to an end.  It's time to settle down - work at being productive.  I've learned that staying busy is not the same as being productive.  Most of all, I desire to be productive for the Kingdom of God.  Thankfully, our life can glorify Him as we live out each day.  Even writing this blog can be a source of service for my Lord.

I thank the Lord that we have each other.  We can't live without friends and family.  I don't have brothers or sisters...so every church family became like relatives to me.  People are a God's gift to us.  Oh, that we would take the time to enlarge our list of contacts - build new relationships - and keep each other encouraged.

Maybe this can be your new resolution this year.  Determine to enrich your own life by reaching out to someone you've had little or no contact with for some time...or to a person in need.  Isolation and loneliness easily drains the joy of living for many folks - you can make such a difference in their life.  I have a feeling it's a lot easier to do than we realize.  You are creative.  You have a lot of love to give. Never underestimate who you are and what you have to give to others.  As you share love - you increase satisfaction and fulfillment in your own life.  

I challenge you to reach out - overcome timidity - touch a life - because one day...that person will reach out to you...and probably at the time you need it most.

Thank God for people.   There are plenty of them out there for us..and they are valuable.

Be blessed...
.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment