Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Thursday, February 18, 2010

Elton John is Wrong!

I thought it might be days or even weeks before I wrote a new entry on my blog. But I just heard about a statement made by Elton John. Instantly, I did what any faithful facebook user would do. I spoke up. I wrote: I don't care what Elton John says....Jesus was not gay. Jesus is the pure, sinless, Son of God. And I worship Him...and I defend Him...He's coming again and I want to be ready.

Elton John gave an interview to Parade magazine in which he described his cocaine use and past treatment of young men, and said he thought that Jesus Christ was a homosexual.
"I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems,"
John told the Sunday supplement.

He is so wrong. So wrong. This pierced my heart and, to be honest, it made me angry enough that I want to defend my Lord. Elton John is only giving a warped, twisted opinion. Sadly, he obviously does not know Jesus, or He would not defame the Son of God.

The book of Matthew and Luke state firmly that Jesus came into this world as the result of a miraculous deed of God. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin. Jesus was holy...free from sin. He was the perfect lamb offered upon the cross for my sins and your sins.

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee; therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Jesus was the exact image of God.
Hebrews 1:3 - who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16 (KJV)

Jesus came to earth, born of a virgin - He died on the cross, shedding His blood for our sins - He resurrected from the grave - He ascended to the Right Hand of the Father where he makes intercession for us. As the Divine Son of God, He has the power to forgive sin and deliver us from the power of Satan.

1. To know Him was to know God. John 8:19
2. To see Him was to see God. John 14:9
3. To believe in Him was to believe in God. John 14:1
4. To receive Him was to receive God. Matthew 10:40
5. To hate Him was to hate God. John 15:23
6. To honor Him was to honor God. John 5:23

Jesus is loving, holy, pure, sinless, righteous, blameless...He is the way the truth and the life. He sent the Holy Spirit to us.

John 1:1 -In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 17:5 - And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

2 Timothy 4:8 - Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Titus 2:13 - looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

I stand in defense of Jesus Christ. But know this, His grace and mercy extend to all who repent of sin...Elton John, included. I pray he will receive salvation from a Holy God and His Only Begotten Son, Jesus...by the power of the Holy Spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment