Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Monday, June 25, 2012

Simple Ways to Increase Intelligence??

I was drawn to this article:  5 Simple Ways to Increase Your Intelligence.

Right off the bat, I am confused.  If the five ways are simple, then how will it increase my intelligence?  Just for fun I think I'll take a look at these five ways.  You might want to do a copy/paste here...or at least put your own spin on the points!  We could benefit from getting smart-er.

1) Stop Watching Television So Much.  I paraphrased that.  But it's 'simpler' to understand.  :)  Their point was: I don't have to think when I watch television and my brain doesn't have to recharge.  By the time I crash at night, I have little concern about my brain recharging.  In fact, my energy is as far as the east is from the west, and I don't want to think.  So, I watch the news.  Or Netflix.

They suggest reading a book instead of watching television.  While I totally agree with this thought, I must admit that if I start to read after a long day - I won't be awake through one chapter.  It would benefit me to pile up earlier, I suppose, and read while I have my right mind.

2)  Exercise.  Now, this is a unique thought!  Why haven't more people listed this as a source of gaining intelligence?  True, it does invigorate you, and true, it does increase your energy.  But, I've also seen a few buff bodies...with little brains.  On TV.

3)  Next, I should read books that are challenging.   I did that.  Stephen James' series, The Pawn and four that follow - will challenge the dog out of you to make it through each chapter without feeling like a wimp.  I read every one of the books.  n...I didn't have to re-read the book to discover the author's style!  The article stated that reading a classic book would change my view of the world.  If that's the case, I need to send a classic book to the President of Iran and a few more leaders .... they are the ones who need their views changed.  I have a good view of the world from where I sit.  So far, I'm the one in a free country!

4)  Go to bed early, Get up early -  That's a good point.  A good one, but an old one.  Early to bed, early to rise....has been around a long, long time...long before people knew how to increase their intelligence.  They also advise taking naps when sleepy.  Yeah, sure...run that by your boss after lunch.  Go ahead, lay your head down on the desk.  You may increase your intelligence alright, but you will find yourself unemployed.  (Just joking here...I know we need proper rest...but it hasn't yet increased my intelligence)

5)  Last, but not least:  Take a Walk and Think about things and get those thoughts organized.
Reflect.  Reflect.  Reflect.  Simple.  Feel smarter yet?  You should.

Forgive me for being a smart alec about this guy's simple article providing simple ways to get smart...but it's late - I'm tired - and sleepy - and this is just about as intelligent as I can get.  It's just that simple.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment