Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Sunday, May 8, 2011

23 Microwave Tips

23 Cooking Uses for Your Microwave.  I just noticed this online article and thought...this could be interesting.  I'm open to new things.  I read the first cooking use:  Soften Butter.  OK...Got it.  That's not new.  At the bottom of the paragraph on how to soften butter...I have the option to click on the next tip:  Melt Butter.  Now I don't meant to sound sarcastic...but I already know how to soften butter and melt butter in the microwave.  In fact, I've performed that feat for years.  I'm a pro, already. 

Let's move on to the next way to use a microwave...and save time in the kitchen.  #3:  Melt Chocolate.  Got it.  May we move on?  #4: Soften Cream Cheese.  Been there/done that/bought the t-shirt.  Next:  Soften Ice Cream.  Now we are getting serious here!  For time's sake I'll list the next few uses without comments...or not...

Soften Brown Sugar - Warm Tortillas - Warm Maple Syrup - Toast Fresh Bread Crumbs - Toast coconut - Toast Pine Nuts and Sliced Almonds  - Cook Bacon (Betcha' never thought of that one) - Steam Veggies (that counts for many ways - one per veggie listed)   -  Bake a Potato.......

I think I will skip on through the veggies until I find something interesting...Here's one:  Make Popcorn.  Who'd-a-thought-it.

Well, that's all folks.  The next button gives me the option to click on: You Might Also Like...
So, I clicked on this just for fun.  Now, if I so choose, I can view Crafty New Uses for Old Things.   I decided to skip this part.  I just don't feel challenged enough to go there for some reason.

Not that the article on 23 ways to use the microwave was all that bad...I am simply wondering why anyone would publish - online - professional writers - paid to do this writers:  how to melt butter ...  hmmm.... interesting.

Maybe we are smarter than we thought.  Maybe we are smarter than the publishers of that article... thinks ... we are ... smart.    

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if you created a list of microwave uses which would be of greater benefit to the public...if given the opportunity.  I have discovered that most people have a lot to offer if we only take the time to listen. 

It's still my opinion that people are valuable.  Everyone has something to give.  And most of us already know how to melt butter in a microwave.  Thank God.

Be blessed.....and have fun.  Tommorrow will be here - with 24 hours in it, just as yesterday - and you may as well enjoy it. 

Psalm 118:24 -  This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. 

Go forth, use your microwave with confidence!  You 'da man - or woman!!   :)
...

No comments:

Post a Comment