Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Saturday, April 23, 2011

Jesus Lives!

!!!!!!!!!

I am thankful for the resurrection of Jesus Christ. 

I remember hearing the old hymn, He Lives, being sung in church on Easter Sunday.  By the time the congregation finished the first verse and started the chorus, the enthusiam and energy in their voices lifted the whole place....He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today.... -  I included a couple of verses here, along with the chorus.  If you know the song...you might want to sing along:

I serve a risen Saviour,
He's in the world today;     
I know that He is living,
Whatever men may say;
I see His hand of mercy,
I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him
He's always near.
----
Chorus:
He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and He talks with me
Along life's narrow way.
He lives, He live, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives:
He lives within my heart.
---
Verse 2
In all the world around me
I see His loving care,
And tho my heart grows weary
I never will despair;
I know that He is leading
Thro' all the stormy blast,
The day of His appearing
Will come at last.

 The resurrection of Jesus Christ was the beginning of Christianity. If Christ had not been resurrected and seen by many people (more than 500), Christianity would not exist today. Jesus made twelve appearances after his resurrection:

1. His first appearance was to Mary Magdalene, on that early Sunday morning. (Mark 16:9; John 20:10-18).

2. Jesus appeared to the women returning from the tomb. (Matthew 28:9-10).

3. Jesus appeared to two disciples on the road to Emmaus. (Luke 24:13-32; Mark 16:12-13).

4. He appeared to Peter in Jerusalem. (Luke 24:34; 1 Corinthians 15:5).

5. He appeared to his disciples and other followers, and also a second time to the two men from Emmaus, in a locked room in Jerusalem. The apostle Thomas wasn't there at that time. (Luke 24:36-43; John 20:19-23).

6. A week later, Jesus again appeared to his disciples behind locked doors, and this time Thomas was present. (John 20:24-29).

7. Jesus appeared to seven of his disciples on the shore of the Sea of Galilee. (John 21:1-24).

8. Jesus was seen by 500 believers at one time. (1 Corinthians 15:6).

9. He appeared to James. (1 Corinthians 15:7).

10. He appeared to eleven disciples on a mountain in Galilee. (Matt. 28:18-20).

11. He walked with his disciples along the road to Bethany, on the Mount of Olives, and then ascended into Heaven. (Luke 24:50-53).

12. He was seen by Paul on the road to Damascus. (Acts 9:3-6; 1 Corinthians 15:8).

Have you met this risen Savior?  I hope so.  How do you know He lives?  He lives within your heart.

-----

No comments:

Post a Comment