Welcome!

Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen


Sunday, June 5, 2011

Andy, Benji and Marley

                                             


I went for my usual evening walk around the 1/4 mile loop this evening...and I learned a lesson.  Don't look down at your feet while walking.

I was walking and listening to my mp3 player, in deep thought, looking down...suddenly a small black lab bounced into view around my feet - I was startled!  Then I looked up and saw two of his friends, size medium and large, running toward me.  I gasped slightly, a little frightened...until I noticed their owners hurrying to assure me that the dogs were friendly. 

The man had three wide leashes hanging loosely around his neck.  I wondered why they were hanging around his neck instead of the dogs. 

My second lap around the loop brought me in contact with the labs again.  This time I welcomed the smaller one as he bounced up to me with his tail wagging.  In a brief visit with the owners I learned the names of the labs:  Marley, Benjamin, and Andy.  Andy was the heaviest and the oldest. 

I tried to imagine life in their house with three large labs. 

The lady appreciated the fact that I was 'gracious' about her dogs scaring me.  Probably because she knew they should've been on a leash.  I'm thankful they were labs...for they are usually friendly dogs. 

A startling moment was turned into a pleasant memory.  Maybe my attitude had something to do with it.  Now, if I should meet Marley, Benji, and Andy on my walk, I will be glad to see them. 

Nice boys.

.....
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment